Tuesday, January 8, 2008

After 11 years


I went to my home sweet home far away from home. It was my trip back to Andaman and Nicobar Islands.I was going there after a period of 11 years. This is the place where I spent 11 years of my school life. I left Port Blair in 1996 and here I am on Dec 007, 2007 back on the island. It was the morning flight(spicejet) which landed on Port Blair around 7:30 in the morning. It is a very small airport, big runway though. I(& my brother) came out of the plan using the old fashioned staircase. After walking 20 steps I was in the airport. To my left was a small escalator, where you can see things getting unloaded from plane, loaded on escalator and your luggage coming to you.

The whole airport seemed so small that i haven't even collected my luggage and i can see my dad standing out waiting for us. We picked our baggage came out, usual greeting and get into a taxi. Here I am entering into a fantasy land. Everything has changed. Nothing is like what it was 11 years before. On my way journey from airport to home, I was trying to recognize places which i use to pass through two times a day each day for god knows how many years. I was going hard on my brain trying to rewind myself to 11 years before state. I didn't get much success there.

As soon as I reached home, Even my house has changed completely. The house which we use to live has been rented out and my house has been extended. The place which used to be a nice garden has been changed into the extension of old house which my dad and mom call their HOME SWEET HOME. It’s painted nicely and there are two rooms one for each son, a living room, a kitchen and nice galary, long connecting all the rooms.

Reached home, greeting with mom and there it goes, it was breakfast time and my plate was full of stuff which i haven't eaten in many years. Some goes back to more than 11 years. Dream come true. Perfect breakfast and then a perfect nap as i didn't sleep last night. I had to come to airport previous night itself as the flight was in the early morning at 4:30.

Well here is a picture of me and my family on a very nice beach called "Chidiyatapu" which means Birds Island. The best thing about this beach is that you can almost walk around 200 to 300 meter and the water will be knee deep. Can u imagine. The water is so clear that you can see the sand, fish and crabs swimming across you. You can just stand in the water and gaze for hours the marine life. My best time was me chasing the crabs with my brother. Damn these crabs are really fast.

Well, I need to sleep now. Rest I will write in next.

Take care friends.

No comments: