Monday, November 19, 2007

Today I got my BSNL internet connection.

Who says BSNL is a government office? Well it is a government office, but doesn't come with all the tantrums of government. Believe me I got a landline phone connection and Internet within a week of applying and with only two visits.

As we all know we indians start work late and work till late(not government offices though). By afternoon they stop accepting applications. I went first time around 1:30 PM one day before diwali. Guess what it was half day to prepare themselves for diwali. Well they also informed that forms are accepted only till afternoon.

So here I go, after the diwali blasts were over, here I am in BSNL office on Monday morning. It was Air conditioned and well maintained office. I got the form, filled it gave Rs. 1000 for landline connection and left the office to my own office in not more than 20 mins.

I got the number on the same day and they came to my house to give the connection on the same day around 4:00 PM. Can you believe this? Hmm Govenment office, not BSNL.

Well since i was not home, they came next day as I told them i will be waiting for them. They came, installed the line and said that your number will be active by tomorrow. I was happy and offered them Rs 50, which they gladly accepted(Phrr who won't?).

Line was active by next day. but i had no dial tone. Today after a week, I went to their office and picked up the Modem which was ready, pre configured for me. They guy said he will fix the dial tone at my house and really after two hours my phone was ringing.

I was blinded with joy. Why not, I have a modem and i will go online in few minutes.
Guess what, it took me total 7 mins to open the package and get online. Nothing to install, just fix the wires and my google talk told me that i have 83 unread mails. I am so happy and first thing i did was to show my gratitude to BSNL.

Thanks BSNL you did a great job.

Guys Rest will be in next blog. Its my first blog from india. Now since i am online with 1.5 GB limit per month with Morning 2-8 unlimited, I am ready to rock and roll. Keep watching the blog.

I will love, if you post comments. Just scribble down a hai.

---
Rajesh Choubey
Chennai 11/19/2007, 3:52 PM

No comments: